Monday 14 May 2012

8 Years ago my Husband and I started our family.  Our human family that is.  Prior to babies,  our family consisted of 2 dogs, a budgie and the resident possum!

Our first born was Xavier, followed 2 years later by Roman and last but not least Samuel.   I was blessed to have smooth pregnancies, fairly uncomplicated births and seriously loved the baby stages.  Every single bit of it.  Up in the middle of the night - my favorite time by far, spending days in PJ's marvelling and fussing at these incredible creations,  milestones being achieved - all at their own pace and watching our family grow and strengthen.  It is probably the reason why we had 3 babies so close together .  As soon as one could walk we were ready for the next addition. 

My Husband and I both had agreed that we wanted to be "finished" by our late 30's and we acheived that.  When they handed us '7 pound 2' Samuel Hunter Black we knew we were complete.  We both looked at each other, felt incredibly lucky to be holding our 3rd healthy boy and in a 'no words needed kind of moment' knew we were done.

This blog is not going to be about how blissful our lives are. In fact far from it.  This is simply going to be a diary of moments , be it funny or sad.  But most importantly I hope to cherish their journey of childhood and share our experiences with others.

You may find comfort, laughter, common ground or just an easy late night read here.

Hope you will enjoy this as much as I will enjoy writing,

Yours in Parenthood,

Deb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment